What John Sankey can offer you:
- Free valuations
- High quality personal service
- Regular inspections and written reports
- Fast, accurate & in depth credit checks
- £75 Application Fee per tenant & £90 admin fee per property
- Insured and trusted local tradesmen
- Fast rent payment by BACS each month
- Tenancy deposit scheme – No additional charge
- Up to date computerised system
- Fast turnaround from “To Let” to “Let By”
Sophie Winson BA Hons
What is needed to let your property:
Energy Performance Certificate: By law both sale and rental properties must obtain an Energy Performance Certificate which we can offer and deduct from your first months rent.
Gas Safety Certificate: Stated in the The Gas Safety Regulations 1998 all landlords must ensure that all gas appliances within the property are checked annually and a current certificate produced. This certificate must also be given to tenants upon starting their tenancy and when renewed. This can be arranged by our team and deducted from the first month’s rent.
Electrical Safety Certificate: Whilst you are not bound by law to obtain this certificate we would most certainly recommend that a National Inspection Council for Electrical Installers and Contractors (NICEIC) electrician completes this certificate. This is to ensure that all electrics within the property meet Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994. This can be arranged by our team and deducted from the first month’s rent.
Legionnaires Risk Assessment: From October 2015 Landlords of residential accommodation will have a responsibility by law to combating Legionnaires’ Disease. Health and Safety legislation requires that landlords carry out risk assessments for the Legionella bacteria which cause Legionnaires’ Disease and thereafter maintain control measures to minimise the risk. This can be arranged by our team and deducted from the first month’s rent.
Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: From the 1st October 2015, regulations require both smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms to be installed in rented residential accommodation. A smoke alarm must be erected on each storey of the property and a carbon monoxide detector placed in any high risk rooms i.e. rooms with gas fires or boilers.
Services We Can Offer You:
Tenant Find Only £345 + VAT @ 20% (£414 inc VAT)
- Undertake marketing of the property which includes creating a brochure which gives a detailed description of each room and coloured photographs.
- Erect a To Let board outside of the property.
- Advertise on Rightmove, OnTheMarket, Our Website and the local Chad
- Attend viewings with any potential tenants
- Carry out full Credit Reference Checks on all prospective tenants
- Create a detailed inventory of the property including photographs which are signed by all tenants.
Fully Managed £300+ VAT @ 20% (£360 inc VAT)
- As before plus the following:
- Arrange Gas Safety Certificate (Approximately £80)
- Arrange Electrical Safety Certificate (Approximately £120)
- Arrange Legionnaires Risk Assessment for £48.
- Inform all utility companies of the new tenants i.e. Gas, Electric, Water and Council.
- Undertake quarterly inspections on the property
- Deal with any tenant issues that may arise
- Send monthly statement of accounts with 10% + VAT Deducted for our service
Once We Have Let Your Property:
Once your new tenant has passed all their necessary checks and a moving in date has been confirmed, we will compile their tenancy agreements, create an up to date inventory on the property (which the tenant will sign), register their deposit and also inform the main utility companies of their occupation at the property. You will receive monthly statements and quarterly inspection reports for the property, plus we will aim to ensure that all issues at the property are repaired within 24 hours of receiving notification (depending on the severity). With all of the above you will receive a personal ‘one to one’ service with a distinct ‘hands on’ approach.